Want to dig deeper with a small, focused group? Richard will work with your organization to create a one- or multi-day workshop.
Beyond a keynote, a workshop format enables a team to deeply engage with Richard on a particular topic highly relevant for that team. Examples of areas in which Richard can lead a workshop include:
- Developing a digital transformation strategy and roadmap for your organization—such a workshop will typically last two to three days, with the team developing a high-level digital transformation strategy and associated roadmap that prepares the team to begin execution.
- Dealing with the change management issues of digitally transforming your organization—the people issues in managing change in a digital transformation are typically an organization’s highest risk. Richard will work with your transformation team to help identify key change challenges and develop approaches to proactively address those challenges.
- Planning and successfully executing large IT programs—Richard has managed a number of large IT programs, including the IRS Business Systems Modernization (BSM), one of the largest and most complex IT programs ever undertaken. His real-world experience can support a program team as they work to plan for program launch. He can also support programs in execution that are struggling, working with the team to identify the underlying causes of the problems and develop approaches to get the program back on track.
- Establishing the appropriate cyber security risk management framework and governance for your organization—Richard has extensive experience implementing cyber security enterprise risk management frameworks within private sector companies and government agencies. He can work with IT security leadership to support planning the implementation of an enterprise risk management framework or help the team assess your organizational maturity in cyber security and develop an action plan for improvement.
- Supporting the growth and development of your employees—based on the recommendations from his book Success in the Technology Field, Richard can work with a small group of employees to support their career development. This can be especially helpful for those earlier in their career, as he can help them to identify long-term goals but also develop an individual development plan (IDP) as a plan for their development over the next five years.
After a successful workshop, Richard can be available to consult to support the team as they implement the recommendations or plan developed during the workshop.