Richard A. Spires
Independent Consultant, Author, and Speaker
Author of “Success in the Technology Field – A Guide for Advancing Your Career”
Leverage Technology. Improve Your Organization. Improve Yourself.
Richard Spires brings substantial experience in consulting for private sector companies and in working directly for government agencies.
Richard tailors his keynotes for the audience to reflect and align with the sponsor’s objectives and organizational culture. He focuses on two specialties:
- Leverage of technology and real-world practical approaches to digitally transform an organization, be it a private company or government agency.
- Advice on career advancement in the technology field, based on his acclaimed book Success in the Technology Field.
Want to dig deeper with a small, focused group? Richard will work with your organization to create a one or multi-day workshop on topics as varied as:
- Developing a digital transformation strategy and roadmap for your organization
- Dealing with the change management issues of digitally transforming your organization
- Planning and successfully executing large IT programs
- Establishing the appropriate cyber security risk management framework and governance for your organization
- Developing teams and supporting the growth of your employees
Richard provides consulting services that leverage his expertise and experience of more than 35 years in the technology field. Consulting services include:
- Supporting an organization in developing a digital transformation strategy and roadmap
- Helping plan and initiate an IT program—or supporting a faltering established program
- Working with the IT Security organization on establishing the proper cyber security risk management approach and governance model
- Working with the Human Resources organization on approaches for improving the development of employees
- Supporting an organization’s business development activities
Success in the Technology Field: A Guide for Advancing Your Career
Success in the Technology Field is a practical “how-to” guide for a career in technology. It presents a holistic model, incorporating skills and behaviors that help you define and attain your career goals, whether you aspire to be an executive, a leading technologist, or a successful product salesperson.